(in progress: examples from other countries/languages to be added)
- Black Benefactors
- Black Gives Back
- Common Change – provides a how to set up a giving circle
- Community Investment Network (U.S.) – provides information, support, interchange between those involved with Giving Circles
- ELLAS project (Argentina):
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers (U.S.) A Handbook for Giving Circles Hosts
- Giving Circles Fund what and how with infographics
- National Giving Circle Network (by AAPIP)
- NGAAP Charlotte
- The Funding Network – live-events giving
Reports and Articles
- Andris, Mary Kate. Motivation through circles: An analysis of women’s giving circles on philanthropy in higher education. Widener University, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2011.
- Eikenberry, Angela M.
- Giving Circles: Self-Help/ Mutual Aid, Community Philanthropy, or Both? [pdf]
- Giving Circles and Fundraising in the New Philanthropy Environment. Association of Fundraising Professionals. February 2007 [pdf]
- [Google Books] Giving Circles: Philanthropy, Voluntary Association, and Democracy
- and Breeze, Beth (2015) Growing philanthropy through collaboration: The landscape of giving circles in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Voluntary Sector Review, 6 (1). pp. 41-59. ISSN 2040-8056.
- and Bearman, Jessica; Han, Hao; Brown, Melissa; and Jensen, Courtney, “The Impact of Giving Together: Giving Circles’ Influence on Members’ Philanthropic and Civic Behaviors, Knowledge and Attitudes” (2009). Public Administration Faculty Publications. 42.
- Grant Craft. Together We Give (Case study featuring Sankofa Fund of Southwestern Pennsylvania)
- New York Women’s Foundation. “30 Years of Radical Generosity” chronicles the organization’s evolution.
- Ho, Andrew T. Asian American Giving Circles: Building Bridges between Philanthropy and Our Communities. Council on Foundations. Presented at the 37th Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) Conference, November 20, 2008, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania [pdf]
- Pisankaneva, Monika. Giving Circles: Unlocking Generosity by Bringing Donors Face-to-Face with Beneficiaries. European Community Foundation Initiative (ECFI), 2017.
- Ray, Lesley Ann. The emergence of giving circles and their relationships with nonprofit organisations: A case study
- Rutnik, Tracey A. and Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz. Growing Philanthropy Through Giving Circles: Lessons Learned from Start-Up to Grantmaking. Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers. 2003.
- Samuels, Shaun. South African Giving Circle Inspires Community, Builds Philanthropy [August 30, 2013]
- Shaw-Hardy, Sondra. Women’s Giving Circles: Reflections from the Founders. Women’s Philanthropy Institute at the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University. August 2009