The International Fellows write broadly on the field of philanthropy and civil society. For a partial list of their publications see below. In some cases their publications build on research conducted at the Center during their fellowships; those papers are available here.
- BACHINSKAYA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- BANERJEE, Upala Devi. India (New Delhi)
- BANERJEE, Niloy. India (New Delhi)
- BARCLAY, Akira. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- BARNARD, David. South Africa (Pretoria)
- BASTIANEL, Thomas. Italy (Padua)
- BEVAN, Joanna. England (London)
- BIKMEN, Filiz. Turkey (Istanbul)
- BOLOGNESI, Deborah. Italy (Bologna)
- HAKOBYAN, Lusine. Armenia (Yerevan)
- HARE, Carly. USA (Boulder, Colorado)
- HELLMANN, Bernadette. Germany (Berlin)
- HERNANDEZ ABREU, Fabiana. Uruguay (Montevideo)
- HOPSTEIN, Graciela. Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
- HOROWITZ-ROZEN, Shani. Cresskill, New Jersey (USA) and Kfar Saba (Israel)
- HWANG, Chang-Soon. South Korea (Seoul)
- MAIER NUNES, Mariane. Brazil (Florianópolis, Santa Catarina)
- MARINO, Eduardo. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- McCANN, Jude. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- MENA, Marco. Mexico (Mexico City)
- MEYDANOGLU, Zeynep. Turkey (Istanbul)
- MKHIZE, Christom. South Africa (Richards Bay)
- MONTEIRO, Helena. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- MOYO, Bhekinkosi. South Africa (Johannesburg)
- NANDUDU, Elizabeth Rose. Uganda (Mbale)
- NATHANI, Sharon. Australia (Melbourne)
- NDZINWA, Julius Bantar. Cameroon (Bemenda)
- NEDELCHEVA PISANKANEVA-ZLATEVA, Monika. Bulgaria (Sofia)
- NETSWERA, Fulufhelo Godfrey. South Africa (Pretoria)
- NIEMAN, Nicole Rose. South Africa (Cape Town)
- NYAR, Annsilla. South Africa (Durban)
- SAMORODOV, Vadim. Russia (Moscow)
- SARENAC, Ranka. Serbia and Montenegro (Risan)
- SCHELLINO, Sonia. Italy (Turin)
- SHEN, Sheng-Shu Jack. Taiwan (Taipei)
- SHERIPKANOVA, Ainuska. Kyrgyzstan (Bishkek)
- SIMOVIC, Natalija. Serbia (Belgrade)
- SINGH, Maina Chawla. India (New Delhi)
- SIVAEVA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- STARCHIKOVA, Inna. Ukraine (Odessa)
- THAPA, Rita. Nepal (Kathmandu)
- THOMPSON, Andrés. Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- TIONGSON-VELASCO, Gisela. Philippines (Manila)
- TOROK, Marianna. Hungary (Budapest)
- TORRES BLAIR, Mariana. Mexico (Mexico City)
- TREVISAN, Maria Carolina. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- TSENG, Yun Ching. Taiwan (Taipei)
- TUCKER, Tasha. USA (Charleston, South Carolina)
ABOU SHNIEF, Heba. Egypt (Cairo)
- Taking Risks on Informal Giving and Collective Citizen Action And Networks. WINGS. 2014.
- Catalyzing Community Level Development: The Role of Community Foundations in Egypt. Egypt Network for Integrated Development Policy Brief 034. 2015. [external pdf]
- The Arab digital philanthropy and transparency nexus. 8 February 2017.
ADOLFOVA, Ida. Slovak Republic (Banska Bystrica)
- Please Stand Away from the Platform Edge! 2013 [Blog post]
AKERELE, Bahia. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- Interview: Black gives back: Philanthropy in Africa Series: The Insider.
- The African Philanthropist – Blog. 2010
AMAT’ULLAH, Nurah W. USA (Bronx, New York)
- News Cover: Christian Group Donates $100,000 to NY Muslim Food Pantries. 2011.
ANAND, Priya. India (Bangalore)
ATASELIM, Meryem Senay. Turkey (Ankara)
- “Diaspora Giving Impacts Both Homes.” The Huffington Post. 2013.
AYIERA, Eva Achieng Maina. Kenya (Nairobi)
- Justice be Our Shield and Defender. 2013 [pdf]
BACHINSKAYA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- News Cover: “The Results of the Third Day of VIII International Forum “From Science to Business.” 2014.
BANERJEE, Upala Devi. India (New Delhi)
- “Lessons Learned from Rights-Based Approaches in the Asia-Pacific Region.” UNDP. 2005 [Research Report] [pdf]
BANERJEE, Niloy. India (New Delhi)
- Harmonising Aid Efforts in Asia: The Story So Far. Capacity, Organization Issue 25. April 2005 [pdf]
BARCLAY, Akira. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- Charities Grapple with Whether It Matters if Fundraisers Look Like the Donors They Solicit. 2013.
- The Sweetness of Circles. With Valaida Fullwood and Tracey Webb. 2019.
BARNARD, David. South Africa (Pretoria)
- “No Pain, No Gain” – Running Through the Gobi Desert with a Mission, NGO Pluse. 2012 [pdf]
BASTIANEL, Thomas. Italy (Padua)
- “Big Society or Collective Impact? (SSIR)” Stanford Social Innovation Review, 2011.
- Unleashing the Use of Small Grants as a Commitment Tool. 2012. [pdf]
BEVAN, Joanna. England (London)
- Peas Before Profit – It’s All a Question of Community Ownership. Urban Ecology Network. 2014
- Community Resilience. Prezi.com 2014 [Presentation]
- In the Carbon Footprints of Plastic Junkies. Urban Ecology Network. (Website Under-construction)
- The Role of Community Foundations in Increasing Community Resilience. The UKCF, Blog. 2014.
BIKMEN, Filiz. Turkey (Istanbul)
- Filiz Bikmen with Lea Buck and Michael Alberg-Seberich. More than the Sum of its Parts: Insights on the Future of European Philanthropy and Social Investment Infrastructure. Beyond Philanthropy invest impact GmbH. Mar 1, 2019.
- Lessons and insights from new European research on philanthropy infrastructure. Interview with Michael Alberg-Seberich and Filiz Bikmen. March 27, 2019.
- Markets Are Emerging: What About Philanthropy? New Horizons. Alliance Magazine. 2013
- An AGA in A Day: The EFC and DAFNE Autumn Assembly. Alliance Magazine 2011. [pdf]
- An Issue Whose Time Has Come: ICNL Holds Second Global Forum. Alliance Magazine 2011. [pdf]
- Value, Not Endowments, Enable Philanthropy Across Generations. Alliance Magazine 2012. [pdf]
- Funding For Gender, Women and Girls: An AGA Retrospective and Launch of New Report by Mama Cash and Grantcraft. Alliance Magazine. 2013. [pdf]
- Creative Arts to the Fore at 4th BMW Foundation Young Leaders Forum. Alliance Magazine. 2013
- Crossing the Digital Divide or Stuck at the Border? Alliance Magazine. 2011. [pdf]
- Donors Come Together: for New “Girls Not Brides’ Campaign – will European Foundations Join? Alliance Magazine. 2011. [pdf]
- New Generations, New Paradigms: Turkish German Civil Society and the Pursuit of Equal Opportunities.2014 [pdf]
- Markets Are Emerging: Why Not Philanthropy? Alliance Magazine. 2012. [pdf]
- A Move in the Right Direction, But Not the Destination: Turkey’s New Foundations Law. The International Journal of Not-For-Profit Law. Vol 10, 3. 2008.
- Progress on Civil Society Legislation in Turkey. The International Journal of Not-For-Profit Law. Vol 7(2). 2005
- Navigating the Collaboration Maze. Alliance Magazine. 2011. [pdf]
- Turkey’s Change Makers – Sharing Stories and Creating Impact Through Social Media. Effect. Vol 4 (2). 2010 [pdf]
BOLOGNESI, Deborah. Italy (Bologna)
- Costruire le Istituzioni. II ruolo di Angela Zucconi fra Impegno sociale e imprenditorialit a scienifica. Edizioni Associate. 2009.
CARRAZONE, Carola. Italy (Torino)
- ‘Everybody can be a changemaker’: Interview with Carola Carazzone, CEO of Assifero
CASADEI, Bernardino. Italy (Milan)
- “Community Philanthropy the Italian Way.” Alliance Magazine. 2006
- Interview. “Intervista a Bernardino Casadei. Fondazioni di comunità. Strumenti e strategie per un nuovo welfare”. Fondazione Lang Italiana. 2015.
- “Italy – Promoting a Culture Giving.” Alliance Magazine. 2002
- “Community Foundations: The Value of Gifts and Functions of Philanthropy.” 2012
- “Community Foundations in Civil Society/Burger stiftung in Der Zivilgesellschaft. Edited by Peter Walkenhorst.” Alliance Magazine. 2002
- “Promoting the Culture of Giving. The Experience of Italy.” Local Mission Global Vision: Community Foundations in the 21st Century. Edited by Hero, Peter deCourcy, and Peter Walkenhorst, eds. Nonprofit Guide. Foundation Center. 2008 [pdf]
CELAL ZINCIR, Rana. Cyprus (Lefkosa) / Turkey
- “Charity in Islamic Societies by Amy Singer.” Alliance Magazine. 2009.
- Report: Philanthropy in Turkey: Citizens, Foundations and the Pursuit of Justice. 2006
- Isimsiz Tarih ve Belirsiz Gelecek.
- Women’s Peace in Cyprus: Recommendations of the Gender Advisory Team (GAT) on Implementing UNSC 1325 Provision on Women, Peace and Security.
- Thinking Historically About Missing Persons: A Guide for Teachers.
- Interventions in the political geographies of walls. Political Geography. 2013
- Individual Giving for Social Causes in Turkey: Following in Adim Adim’s Footsteps.
CHARTERS, Sharon Dale. Canada (Hamilton, Ontario)
- “Philanthropy Fellowship Allows for Reflection, Study.” Vital Signs Canada. [pdf]
COTA-DE YANEZ, Alma. Mexico (Nogales)
- Conference: FESAC, Nogales, Sonora, Mexico/ Santa Cruz Community Foundation, Nogales, AZ, USA. 2011
DADRAWALA, Noshir H. India (Mumbai)
- Merchants of Philanthropy: Profiles in Good Citizenship.1st Ed. Paperback Original Edition. Center for Advancement of Philanthropy, Mumbai. 2003.
- Management of Philanthropic Organisations. Centre for Advancement Of Philanthropy. 1996.
- “India Community Philanthropy.” Alliance Magazine. 2002
- Ensuring Governance 2015 [Talk]
- “Parsi Charity and Philanthropy.” 2011
- Philanthropic Freedom Pilot Study: India Country Report [Report] [external source pdf]
DE PAIVA GUIMARAES, Renato. Brazil (Rio de Janiero)
- Philanthropy as Social Investment: Trends and Perspectives, Spring 1997.
- Sharing the experience of speaking in the TEDxSaoPaulo by Renato Guimares, 2016 [saved pdf]; original post on LinkedIn
DOVEN, Roland. England (London)
- News Cover: Charity Doesn’t Always Begin at Home. 2009
EL-DALY, Marwa. Egypt (Cairo)
- Nothing really make it easy except becoming more complicated. Global Fund for Community Foundations (GFCF) on Waqfeyat al Maadi Community Foundation in Egypt. 2011 [pdf]
- Egypt-Helping to regain the Egypt They Dream of. Alliance Magazine. 2013. [pdf]
- How to Spread it: Marwa El Daly in City Press. 2013 [pdf]
- Interview: PODCAST interview with Marwa El-Daly on Philanthropy in Egypt. 2012
ELLIOTT, Catherine Elisabeth. England (Whalley Range, Manchester)
- Using social intelligence to influence giving. [Conference Presentation Slides] [pdf]
- Community Foundation Collaborators: Passing Fad or Promising Practice? In Community Foundation Network. 2011 [Presentation Slides]. [pdf]
- Collaborations: UK Case Study Handout. 2012 [Presentation Slides] [pdf]
- Collaboration Debate – One donor, two community foundations. 2012 [pdf]
- Collaboration Debate: A New Canadian Community Foundation. 2012 [pdf]
- Lancashire’s Vital Signs & Merseyside’s Vital Signs. 2013 [Presentation Slides] [pdf]
- The Beauty of Collaborations (and cost effectiveness!) Examples of UK Practice under a Canadian Model. 2015 [Presentation Slides] [pdf]
- The Future of Community Foundations: The Mismatch. 2015 [pdf]
- The Business of Philanthropy Advising: How Far Should We Go? 2015 [Executive Summary] [pdf]
FAUZIA, Amelia. Indonesia (Jakarta)
- Interview with Amelia Fauzia, Social Trust Fund, Indonesia. November 2013 [pdf]
- Faith and The State: A History of Islamic Philanthropy in Indonesia. 2008. [PhD Thesis, University of Melbourne] [pdf]
FULLER, Emily C. Australia (Sydney)
- Investing in People and Relationships Vital for Successful Place-Based Philanthropy. Australian Institute of Grants Management. 2016
- Community Foundations as Community Voice: Influencing a More Locally Responsive and Effective Allocation of Resources. 2014. [Presentation Slides] [external source pdf]
GIAO, Vu Thi Quynh. Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)
GIOVANI DA SILVA, Anderson. Brazil (Florianpolis)
- Fundações Comunitárias no Brasil – perspectivas de liderança em processos de desenvolvimento sócio-territorial – para ICom. 2008. [pdf]
- I Fundação Comunitária como Doador. Mott Foundation. 2008. [pdf]
- II Fundação Comunitária como Instrumento para Investimento Social. 2008. [pdf]
- III Fundação Comunitária como Liderança. 2008. [pdf]
- Consultation Process Report Brazil. 2008. [pdf]
- “ICom – Uma Fundacao comunitaria brasileira no fortalecimento da sociedade civil e na Promocao da participacao cidada.” Pp: 110-124 Chapter in “Investimento Socail Independente.” São Paulo 2014
GIUDICI, Daniele P. Italy (Milan)
GONCALVES DA SILVA, Betania. Brazil (Recife)
- Theater for Youth, and for the Community. The Socialst Vol 34 (1).
GOULANDRIS, Vassilis. Greece (Athens)
- “Greece: OpenGov@ times of Crisis.” Presentation at the PEP-NET Summit, Hamburg. 2010.
- “New Technologies and the Challenge For the Civil Society and Democracy.” Organizer and Chairman Workshop on “News Technologies and NGOs,” At the “Constitutional Reform and Civil Society” Conference, ISTAME think tank et al. 2006.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility- Social Entrepreneurship-Corporate Philanthropy: Nobel Connections & Models,” 1st CSR Forum, The Money Show’ 07 Conference. 2007.
- “Greek Civil Society: The Long Road to Maturity,” The Concluding CSI-SAT (Civil Society Index-shortened assessment) report, the Greek part of the International research project coordinated by CIVICUS. 2006. [external source pdf]
- “The Role of e-Democracy Principles and Practices for Community Foundations: A Novel Approach for Leadership and Innovation.” 9th Annual Network Meeting, the Community Philanthropy Initative (CPI) of the European Foundation Centre (EFC) under the Theme. Engaging the Citizen. 2006.
GULEVSKA-CHERNYSH, Anna. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- News Cover: Volunteering and Philanthropy in Ukraine. 2015
- News Cover: International Conference on Philanthropy and Volunteerism Explores Ways to Resolve a Conflict in Eastern Ukraine. 2015.
HAKOBYAN, Lusine. Armenia (Yerevan)
- (with Tadevosyan, Mane). Culture of Volunteerism in Armenia Booklet. CIVICUS Civil Society Index. 2010.
HARE, Carly. USA (Boulder, Colorado)
HELLMANN, Bernadette. Germany (Berlin)
- 100 Jahre Cleveland Foundation: Wie Burgerstifungen im Wandel der Zeit ihrer Idee treu bleiben. 2014.
- Viele vermogen mehr. Reichtum, Philanthropie und Zivilgesellscha ft. Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 269-288. 2014.
- with Stefan, Nahrlich. Donor Advised Funds: Wachstumsmotor bei Burgerstiftungen und Konkurrenz unter, falscher Flagge.
- with Stefan, Nahrlich. Burgerstiftung: richtige Organisation zur richtigen Zeit. In: Verbands Management, Heft, 8-14. 2013
- with Stefan, Nahrlich. Stiftungsfonds: Merkmale, Formen und Entwicklung. In: Aktive Burgerschaft (Hrsg): Vermogensver waltung und Rechungsleg ung fur Burgerstiftunge n Berlin. 18-21. 2008
- with Stefan, Nahrlich and Grabsch, Andreas. Erfolgsbilanz nach 15 Jahren Burgerstiftungen fuhrt auch zu Imitationen. 84-88. 2013.
- Burgerstiftung en: die besseren Akteure zur Forderung von Burgerengage ment vor Ort? 213-230. 2005
HERNANDEZ ABREU, Fabiana. Uruguay (Montevideo)
- Report Desarrollo y filantropia en Uruguay. CLAEH 2012 [pdf]
- First Steps Towards Community Foundations in Uruguay. 2008. [pdf]
- #HumbleThePower to #ShiftThePower. 2007
HOPSTEIN, Graciela. Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
- “Graciela Hopstein: Um Olhar Social Na Efemeride-Opiniao- O Dia.” 2015. [pdf]
- A Rebeilao Argentina: Asse mbleias de Bairro, Piqueteros E Empresas Recuperadas. 1st ed. Argentina. 2001
- Investimento Social Independence. Ford Foundation. 2014. [Report] [pdf]
- “Institutio Rio desafios e oportunidades para a atuacao de uma Fundacao Comunitaria na Zona Oeste do Rio de Janiero.” PP: 94-109 Chapter in “Investimento Social Independente.” Sao Paulo 2014.
HOROWITZ-ROZEN, Shani. Cresskill, New Jersey (USA) and Kfar Saba (Israel)
HWANG, Chang-Soon. South Korea (Seoul)
- “Defining the Nonprofit Sector in Korea.” 2000
- “Korea.” Philanthropy and Law in Asia. San Francisco: Jossey Bass. Pp 199-239. 1999
- News Cover. Inside ISTR 2013 [external source pdf]
JAŠAREVIC Jasna. Bosnia and Herzegovina (Tuzla)
- Realistic Strategies for Complex Circumstances: A Response to ‘Strategic Philanthropy for a Complex World.’ 2014
- News Cover: What Can Community Philanthropy Offer a Europe of Refugees? 2015
- News Cover: Interview with Jasna Jasarevic. 2014 NY Times
JOHNSON, Nancy. Canada (Puslinch, Ontario)
KAMINARSKAYA, Natalya. Russia (Moscow)
- News Cover: Philanthropy in Russia, or light at the end of the Tunnel. 2014
KAO, Yung Hsing. Taiwan (Taipei)
- (with Twu, Ruey-Der & Pelchat, Marie-Claude) “Examining Multi-Sector Partnerships for Taiwan’s Post 921 Earthquake Recovery: The Case of New Campus Movement.” Paper presented at the North American Taiwan Studies Association Conference, New Brunswick, NJ. 2003.
KELLY, Gráinne. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- The Context of Storytelling and Archiving in and about the conflict in Northern Ireland – Conference Presentation at ‘Accounts of the Conflict: Digitally Archiving Stories for Peacebuilding’, held at the Holiday Inn, Belfast, on 17 & 18 November 2014. 2014 [YouTube Video]
KHALLAF, Mahi. Egypt (Cairo)
- Community Foundation as a Vehicle For Institution Philanthropy in Egypt’s New Cities: A Case Study of 19th of Ramadan City. 2011. [pdf]
KUHLASE, Fikile. South Africa (Moreleta Park)
- “Industrial Development Corporation: Foundation Fund.” 2004
KUMAR NAYAK, Pradeepta. India (New Dehli)
- “Challenge Grant Strengthens Community Philanthropy in India-Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support, Inc.” Philanthropy in Focus. 2012.
- “Sampradaan Indian Centre for Philanthropy- Emerging Economies Presentation.” Philanthropy in Focus. 2013
- “Challenge Grant Strengthens Local Philanthropy and Community Enterprise: SICP Succeeds in Innovation.” Sampradaan Indian Centre for Philanthropy E-Newsletter. No 71. 2012.
- “The Index of Global Philanthropy and Remittances with a Special Report on Emerging Economies.” Hudson Institute. 2013
- Community Organising, Philanthropy and Foundations. [Blog]
- E-Newsletter: Paradigm of Peace for Philanthropic and Community Development, 2013. [pdf]
KUPRYASHKINA, Svetlana. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- “Women and Voluntary activities in Ukraine: A Historic Outlook and a View of Soviet State Paternalism“
- “Ukraine: End of the ‘NGO Dream’” Give and Take 3. 2000.
- “The Limits of Research: Women’s Studies in Ukraine’, in Joan W. Scott, Cora Kaplan and Derba Keates (eds). Transitions, Environments, Translations: Feminisms in International Politics. New York and London, Routledge. Pp:383-389
KUTS, Svitlana A. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- News Cover: “Ukrainian Charity Law Comes into Force.” European Fundraising Association. 2013.
- “Deepening the Roots of Civil Society in Ukraine.” Centre for Philanthropy, Kiev, Ukraine Kirovograd Centre for Creative Initatives Support Vasyl Polyiko, Maxym Filiak (Impact).
- “From Intelligent Funder to Intelligent Recipient.” Global Policy Forum. 2008.
- News Cover: “Where Are the Limits of Donor Accountability?” Alliance Magazine. 2006.
- News Cover: “Impact of the Week: Ukraine National Strategy for Civil Society Development.” CIVICUS Civil Society Index. 2009.
- “The Role of the Private Sector in the Public Sector of the Ukraine.” Public Management: An International Journal of Research and Theory 2 (3). 2000.
- Introductory Speech: Die Rolle der sozialen Dienste fur eine Nachhaltige Sozialenwicklung: Dokumentation, Europaische Konferenz im Auswartigen Amt, Berlin, 2001. Council of Europe.
- “Civil Society in Ukraine: Driving Engine or Spare Wheel for Change?” Center for Philanthropy. 2006. [external source pdf]
LAYMAN, Fumiyo H. Japan (Tokyo)
- (with Masayuki, Deguchi). The Role of Arm’s Length’s Distance Between Arts and Culture’s Non- Profit Organizations and Government in Japan. 2003
LETHLEAN, Esther. Australia (Melbourne)
- Diaspora: The New Philanthropy? Queensland University of Technology – Centre of Philanthropy and Non-Profit Studies. 2003
- Leat, Diana, and Philanthropy Australia, Inc 2000 and Trusts Foundations In Australia, Melbourne
LIBORAKINA, Marina. Russia (Moscow)
- Women’s Voluntarism and Philanthropy in Pre-Revolutionary Russia:Building a Civil Society. Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations 7(4) 397-311 1996.
- Feature in Book: Noonan C., and Nechemias, Carol. Encyclopedia of Russian Women’s Movements. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2011
LITCHFIELD, Jennifer. Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Report: Working Together. 2010 [pdf]
LODOLA-RAHAMAN, Valentina. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- “Engaging Investors in Social Responsibility-International Philanthropy.” Philanthropy NYU. 2012.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility Human Trafficking and Business Dilemmas.” Philanthropy, NYU. 2014.
LOVLIN, LuAnn. Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Blog: 2012
MAIER NUNES, Mariane. Brazil (Florianópolis, Santa Catarina)
- When scarcity drives innovation, people becomes a community foundation’s biggest asset: a view from Brazil, 2017 [post at the Global Fund for Community Foundations web-site; saved pdf: When scarcity drives innovation, people becomes a CF’s biggest asset]
MARINO, Eduardo. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- (with Kisil, Rosana). Local Productive Arrangements: The Silves Case ISTR Eighth International Conference- “The Third Sector and Sustainable Social Change: New Frontiers for Research.” Barcelona, 2008.
McCANN, Jude. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
MENA, Marco. Mexico (Mexico City)
- The Nonprofit Sector in Mexico: From Informal to Formal Recognition. In Local Economic and Employment Development. The Non- Profit Sector in a Changing Economy. OECD Publishing. 2003.
MEYDANOGLU, Zeynep. Turkey (Istanbul)
MKHIZE, Christom. South Africa (Richards Bay)
- African Renaissance: Reflections on the Annual and International Conference in Durban, South Africa, from 25-28 May 2008 [pdf]
- The Role African Philanthropy and Culture Play in Developing African Communities. 2008 [pdf]
- Private/ Public Sector Partnerships: The Case of Uthungulu Community Foundation. [pdf]
- Uthungulu Community Foundation (UCF) Monthly News Letter – June 2008. [pdf]
MONTEIRO, Helena. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- New Directions for WINGS. Effect (Foundation in Europe Together) Vol 5 (1) 2011. [pdf]
MOYO, Bhekinkosi. South Africa (Johannesburg)
- “African Philanthropy, Pan-Africanism, and Africa’s Development in Development in Practice.” 2014
- “Community Philanthropy and Development in Africa.” In GIVING. Vol 1(9) 159-170.
- “Parliamentary Democracy and the Crisis of Governance in Africa’ African Renaissance.” Vol 3 (6): 25-31. 2006
- “International Foundations, Agenda Setting and the Non-Profit Sector in South Africa”. African Journal of International Affairs. Vol 4(1&2) 93-118. 2001
- (with Tade Akin, Aina). (In folder) “Giving to Help, helping to Give: The Context and Politics of African Philanthropy.” Dakar, Senegal: Amalion Publishing 2013.
- (Discussion with Machel, Garca). “Enabling the Public Sphere: Civil Society Regulation in Africa.” Midrand, South Africa [Dakar-Fann, Senegal]: Southern Africa Trust & TrustAfrica, 2010.
- (Blog) http://www.bhekinkosimoyo.com/
NANDUDU, Elizabeth Rose. Uganda (Mbale)
- Filanthropia Africana: soluzioni per l’innovazione sociale. Africa e Mediterraneo: Cultura e Società. 78(1) 2013. [pdf]
NATHANI, Sharon. Australia (Melbourne)
- “Philanthropy and the Arts Review.” Ozphilanthropy. (2013-2016) [Blog Post]
- What is a Community Foundation? Generosity Magazine, 2013
- Personal Blog on Philanthropy.
NDZINWA, Julius Bantar. Cameroon (Bemenda)
- How Can You Contribute to the Creation of the First Community Foundation in Cameroon? LinkedIn Pulse. 2014.
NEDELCHEVA PISANKANEVA-ZLATEVA, Monika. Bulgaria (Sofia)
- For Bulgarian Community Foundations, the Real Work Still Lies Ahead. Alliance Magazine. 2011
NETSWERA, Fulufhelo Godfrey. South Africa (Pretoria)
- Community Foundations in South Africa: Establishment and Sustenance Challenges. 2004 [external source pdf]
- A Case Study of Community Participation in Governance and Service Delivery in the City of Johannesburg.” Consolidating Developmental Local Government: Lessons from the South Africa Experience. 2008.
NIEMAN, Nicole Rose. South Africa (Cape Town)
- “No More Heroes? Philanthropy in a Post Madiba World”. Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy. 2014
NYAR, Annsilla. South Africa (Durban)
- Organized Philanthropy: Toward an Understanding of Community Foundations in South Africa. 2004. [Conference Paper]
- Summary of The Inaugural Harold Wolpe Lecture: A Report by Ansilla Nyar. Report for CSS Online July. 2002.
- (Summary) Facing NEPAD Head-on: Who’s Fooling Who? A Report on the Second Wolpe Lecture. Special Report for CSS Online. 2002.
- Which Way to 2030? Higher Education Leaders Reflect- University World News. 2014
OLIVER, Quintin. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- Coyle, Matthew. “Imagine!/ The Festival According to Quintin Oliver.” Imagine! 2015. [News Cover]
- “Light at the End of Tunnel: European Perspective.” In Sweet Charity: The Role of Workings of Voluntary Organizations.” Routledge, 2002.
OPATI, Emmanuel. Kenya (Nairobi)
ORVANANOS DE ROVZAR, Marcela. Mexico (Mexico City)
- News Cover: Quality of Life. 2010. [pdf]
- New Social Investment Fund for Mexico City. Alliance Magazine. 2005 [pdf]
- Marcela Orvananos de Rovzar to Be Honored by The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University. Nov 13. 2008 [Award Report] [pdf]
PERERA, Sujeevan. Sri Lanka (Colombo)
- News Cover: “Politics – Sri Lanka: Peace Train Carries Peace Hope Doubts”. 2002.
PHOCAS, Elizabeth. Greece (Athens)
- The Art of Giving. Odyssey Magazine, January/February 2008.
PISANKANEVA, Monika. Bulgaria (Sofia)
- Giving Circles: Unlocking Generosity by Bringing Donors Face-to-Face with Beneficiaries. European Community Foundation Initiative (ECFI), 2017.
PLEMPER, Esther. Netherlands (Utrecht)
- Women’s Strategies in Dutch Philanthropy. Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations: 7(4) 1996. [pdf]
- European Voluntary Action for an Inclusive Society. Part of the Report of European Voluntary Action for an Inclusive Society (EVAIS) 2002
- (with Daal, Van. And Willems, L.) Vrijwilligersorg anisaties in de thuiszorg: een Verkenning van strategische problemen. Den Haag: Nimawo.
PORUMB, Alina. Romania (Cluj Napoca)
- WINGS Report on Romania. 2010.
- Alina Porumb – Olga Alexeeva Prize Winner. 2015. [Award]
- Community Philanthropy and a New Model of Development. 2015.
- Meet Alina Porumb from Romania – another of this year’s Olga Prize finalists. 2015. [Post Featuring Alina’s Achievement]
- Initiative for Strategic Philanthropy and Intelligent Resources in Central and Eastern Europe. 2015. [Presentation] [external source pdf]
REAVES, Allyson. USA (Beaufort, South Carolina)
- Philanthroships – Don’t Miss the Career Boat. 2008. [pdf]
- Pioneering A New Strategies of Giving. 2008.
- Social Media – What’s In It For My Foundation? 2010. [pdf]
ROITSTEIN, Florencia. Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- ”La responsabilida de Social Empresarial en Argentina: tendencias y Oportunidades. Academia Revista Latinoamerican a de Administracion 32. 2004
- ”Analysis of Corporate Social Responsibility Training Initiatives in Multinational Enterprises: The Challenge of Localizing CSR. New York: UN Millennium Forum. 2005.
- with Thompson, Andres. “Filantropia y genero en la Argentia: Innovaciones y tendencias.” Conference presentation. 2015 [pdf]
- with Berger, Gabriel. “El rol de Dow Argentina en la promocion de Acuerdos multisectoriales para el desarrollo sustentable: El caso de GIRSU en Bahia Blanca. 2011.
- Latin America: sharing philanthropy, not hoarding wealth. 2017.
SAMORODOV, Vadim. Russia (Moscow)
- “Reflections on the Study Visit to Community Foundations in Poland.” In Pole Position. 2012. [pdf]
- “Reflections on the study tour to Community Foundations in Czech Republic.” 2011. [pdf]
SARENAC, Ranka. Serbia and Montenegro (Risan)
SCHELLINO, Sonia. Italy (Turin)
- Blog. 2001.
SHEN, Sheng-Shu Jack. Taiwan (Taipei)
- 沈聖書. 非營利組織的資訊與網路. 臺北市: 喜瑪拉雅研究發展基金會. 2001. [Book]
- “The E-Way to Philanthropy: How Nonprofits Can Use Information Technology. New York, NY: Center for the Study of Philanthropy, Graduate School and University Center, City University of New York. 2001.
SHERIPKANOVA, Ainuska. Kyrgyzstan (Bishkek)
- Blog (2014)
SIMOVIC, Natalija. Serbia (Belgrade)
- Youtube Video (2014): (LinkedIn account required)
- Youtube Video (2015): (LinkedIn account required)
- Youtube Video (2013): (LinkedIn account required)
SINGH, Maina Chawla. India (New Delhi)
- Philanthropy, Voluntarism, and Women’s Education in Colonial India: A Study of the Bethune School, Calcutta. Asian Journal of Women’s Studies 6(3) 2000
- Gender, Thrift and Indigenous Adaptations: Money and Missionary Medicine In Colonial India. Women’s History Review. 15(5) 2006.
- Gender, Mission, and Higher Education in Cross- Cultural Context: Isabella Thoburn in India by Singh Maina Chawla- International Bulletin of Missionary Research Vol 25(4) 2001.
SIVAEVA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- “Women NGOs and The War In Chechnya.” [pdf]
STARCHIKOVA, Inna. Ukraine (Odessa)
- Coming Inevitable Changes in Odessa. 2013
- When the Trouble Came to Our House: How One Ukrainian Community Philanthropy Organization is Responding– Latest News Global Fund For Community Foundations. 2014.
THAPA, Rita. Nepal (Kathmandu)
- “What Has Philanthropy Got to Do with Wealth?” Philanthropy for Social Justice And Peace. 2013
THOMPSON, Andrés. Argentina (Buenos Aires)
IFP 1989, 2005
- Partnering with Youth to Build The Future. (editor), Peiropolis, Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2006.
- The Third Sector in Latin America, Special Issue of Voluntas, Manchester University Press, 1997.
- El Voluntariado Social En America Latina. Tendencias, influencias, espacios y lecciones aprendidas. 2000
- (with Campetella, A. Maria). El Tercer Sector en la historia Argentina. Vol. 109. Cedes, 1995.
- Think Tanks en la Argentina: Conocimiento, instituciones y politica. Vol. 102. Buenos Aires: CEDES, 1994.
- “Advancing the Cause of Racial Equity in Brazil” Alliance vol. 16, no. 1 (March 2011).
- “Community Foundations in Latin America. Can the Concept be adapted?” Alliance, March 2006.
- (with Hansford, Frances) “International Programming, Local Development and Youth: An Experience in Northeast Brazil”. Article prepared for Foundation Review ( 2010 Fall Issue on ‘International Grantmaking’).
TIONGSON-VELASCO, Gisela. Philippines (Manila)
- Corporate Philanthropy in Asia: The Philippines Case. Graduate School And University Center, City University of New York. 1996.
TOROK, Marianna. Hungary (Budapest)
- (with Strecansky, Boris). “Assessment of the Impact of the Percentage Tax Designations: Past, Present and Future.” ERSTE Foundation and Centrum pre filantropiu, Vienna. September, 2016.
TORRES BLAIR, Mariana. Mexico (Mexico City)
- Recommendations for Mobilizing Resources Through Mexican Hometown Associations in New York to the Puebla Community Foundation in Mexico. (Research submitted to the Rockefeller Foundation and Hispanics in Philanthropy) 2004. [Research Paper] [pdf]
TREVISAN, Maria Carolina. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- Communications as a tool for Building Transparency, Trust and Sustainability in Community Foundations.
- Partnering with Youth to Build the Future. W.K. Kellogg Foundation. 2005 [Report] [pdf]
TSENG, Yun Ching. Taiwan (Taipei)
- News Cover. “Company Collects Bras to Help Charity.” 2013.
TUCKER, Tasha. USA (Charleston, South Carolina)
- (with Kerman, Ben) “Making the Match. How Do We Use Matching Contingencies Effectively?” GrantCraft. 2015.
VARUGHESE, George. Afghanistan (Kabul) / Nepal / India
- (with Manandhar, D. Mohan.) Policy Diagnostic Study Report. Nepal: Niti Foundation. 2012
- Nepal: The Quake and the Constitution. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2015.
- (with Michael, Bernardo., and Karki, Sumina.) The Stubborn Persistence of Gender Inequality in Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2015
- In Quake’s Wake, the Price of Political Disarray in Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2015.
- (with Khanal, Mukesh.) Academics Practitioners, and Donors: Whose Evidence Counts and For What? In Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2014
- (with Prasai, Sagar.) Civic Complacency in Political Accountability Holds Nepal Back. In Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2014.
VIRGIL, Myra. Bermuda (Hamilton)
- We Ignore Plight of Charities at Our Peril. Bermuda Sun. 2012
- Mission to Create an Enduring Funding Resource for Island’s Charities. 2013 [pdf]
VON PETER, Felicitas. Germany (Gutersloh)
- Future Report Active Philanthropy. 2014 [pdf]
- Zukunftsbericht Active Philanthropy. 2014 [pdf]
- Strategic Partnerships to serve the sophisticated philanthropist. Alliance, Vol 17 (1). 2012 [pdf]
YEUN, Yiu Kai Terence. Hong Kong, China
- “An Overview of Social Enterprise Development in China And Hong Kong.” [pdf]
- “Hong Kong Start-ups Embrace the Sharing Economy For a Better Future.” 2015. [Blog]
- “Governance Organizational Effectiveness and the Nonprofit Sector- Hong Kong in Transition.” [pdf]
ZAWIESKA, Andrzej. Poland (Nidzica)
- News Cover: “For a month he was learning about activities of Community Foundations in the US” Gazeta Nidzicia 12.13.07.[Newspaper Article, translated from Polish] [pdf]