The International Fellows write broadly on the field of philanthropy and civil society. For a partial list of their publications see below. In some cases their publications build on research conducted at the Center during their fellowships; those papers are available here.
- BACHINSKAYA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- BANERJEE, Upala Devi. India (New Delhi)
- BANERJEE, Niloy. India (New Delhi)
- BARCLAY, Akira. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- BARNARD, David. South Africa (Pretoria)
- BASTIANEL, Thomas. Italy (Padua)
- BENTLEY, Mark
- BEVAN, Joanna. England (London)
- BIKMEN, Filiz. Turkey (Istanbul)
- BOLOGNESI, Deborah. Italy (Bologna)
- HAKOBYAN, Lusine. Armenia (Yerevan)
- HARE, Carly. USA (Boulder, Colorado)
- HARUNA, Habib. Ghana (Tamale, Northern Region)
- HELLMANN, Bernadette. Germany (Berlin)
- HERNANDEZ ABREU, Fabiana. Uruguay (Montevideo)
- HOPSTEIN, Graciela. Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
- HOROWITZ-ROZEN, Shani. Cresskill, New Jersey (USA) and Kfar Saba (Israel)
- HWANG, Chang-Soon. South Korea (Seoul)
- KAMINARSKAYA, Natalya. Russia (Moscow)
- KAO, Yung Hsing. Taiwan (Taipei)
- KELLY, Gráinne. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- KERUTI, Kostandina. Albania (Tirana)
- KHALLAF, Mahi. Egypt (Cairo)
- KUHLASE, Fikile. South Africa (Moreleta Park)
- KUMAR NAYAK, Pradeepta. India (New Dehli)
- KUPRYASHKINA, Svetlana. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- KUTS, Svitlana A. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- MAGOWAN, James. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- MAIER NUNES, Mariane. Brazil (Florianópolis, Santa Catarina)
- MARINO, Eduardo. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- MASSOT, Carles. Spain (Barcelona)
- McCANN, Jude. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- MENA, Marco. Mexico (Mexico City)
- MEYDANOGLU, Zeynep. Turkey (Istanbul)
- MKHIZE, Christom. South Africa (Richards Bay)
- MONTEIRO, Helena. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- MOYO, Bhekinkosi. South Africa (Johannesburg)
- NANDUDU, Elizabeth Rose. Uganda (Mbale)
- NATHANI, Sharon. Australia (Melbourne)
- NDZINWA, Julius Bantar. Cameroon (Bemenda)
- NEDELCHEVA PISANKANEVA-ZLATEVA, Monika. Bulgaria (Sofia)
- NETSWERA, Fulufhelo Godfrey. South Africa (Pretoria)
- NIEMAN, Nicole Rose. South Africa (Cape Town)
- NYAR, Annsilla. South Africa (Durban)
- SAMORODOV, Vadim. Russia (Moscow)
- SARENAC, Ranka. Serbia and Montenegro (Risan)
- SCHELLINO, Sonia. Italy (Turin)
- SHEN, Sheng-Shu Jack. Taiwan (Taipei)
- SHERIPKANOVA, Ainuska. Kyrgyzstan (Bishkek)
- SIMOVIC, Natalija. Serbia (Belgrade)
- SINGH, Maina Chawla. India (New Delhi)
- SIVAEVA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- STARCHIKOVA, Inna. Ukraine (Odessa)
- THAPA, Rita. Nepal (Kathmandu)
- THOMPSON, Andrés. Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- TIONGSON-VELASCO, Gisela. Philippines (Manila)
- TOROK, Marianna. Hungary (Budapest)
- TORRES BLAIR, Mariana. Mexico (Mexico City)
- TREVISAN, Maria Carolina. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- TSENG, Yun Ching. Taiwan (Taipei)
- TUCKER, Tasha. USA (Charleston, South Carolina)
ABOU SHNIEF, Heba. Egypt (Cairo)
- Rethinking Arab philanthropic support to digitalisation: A COVID-19 effect. 21 July 2020.
- The Arab digital philanthropy and transparency nexus. 8 February 2017.
- Catalyzing Community Level Development: The Role of Community Foundations in Egypt. Egypt Network for Integrated Development Policy Brief 034. 2015. [external pdf]
- Taking Risks on Informal Giving and Collective Citizen Action And Networks. WINGS. 2014.
ADOLFOVA, Ida. Slovak Republic (Banska Bystrica)
- Please Stand Away from the Platform Edge! 2013 [Blog post]
AKERELE, Bahia. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- Interview: Black gives back: Philanthropy in Africa Series: The Insider.
- The African Philanthropist – Blog. 2010
AMAT’ULLAH, Nurah W. USA (Bronx, New York)
- News Cover: Christian Group Donates $100,000 to NY Muslim Food Pantries. 2011.
ANAND, Priya. India (Bangalore)
ATASELIM, Meryem Senay. Turkey (Ankara)
- “Diaspora Giving Impacts Both Homes.” The Huffington Post. 2013.
- “The Changing Landscape of Global Philanthropy: Diasporas?” Turkish Philanthropy
AYIERA, Eva Achieng Maina. Kenya (Nairobi)
- Justice be Our Shield and Defender. 2013 [pdf]
BACHINSKAYA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- News Cover: “The Results of the Third Day of VIII International Forum “From Science to Business.” 2014.
BANERJEE, Upala Devi. India (New Delhi)
- “Lessons Learned from Rights-Based Approaches in the Asia-Pacific Region.” UNDP. 2005 [Research Report] [pdf]
BANERJEE, Niloy. India (New Delhi)
- Harmonising Aid Efforts in Asia: The Story So Far. Capacity, Organization Issue 25. April 2005 [pdf]
BARCLAY, Akira. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- The Power of WE. A conversation on collective giving that featured the six giving circles housed at the Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW). November 2020. [moderator and participant].
- Harnessing the power of collective giving: Black-led giving circles. Discussion building on Akira’s research as a CPCS, GC, CUNY International Fellow. NYU School of Professional Studies. October 5, 2020. [panelist].
- The Sweetness of Circles. With Valaida Fullwood and Tracey Webb. 2019.
- Charities Grapple with Whether It Matters if Fundraisers Look Like the Donors They Solicit. 2013.
BARNARD, David. South Africa (Pretoria)
- “No Pain, No Gain” – Running Through the Gobi Desert with a Mission, NGO Pluse. 2012 [pdf]
BASTIANEL, Thomas. Italy (Padua)
- Unleashing the Use of Small Grants as a Commitment Tool. 2012. [pdf]
- “Big Society or Collective Impact? (SSIR)” Stanford Social Innovation Review, 2011.
- with Marion Webster. Leadership and the Lifecycles: Reflections on Community Foundations in New Zealand and Australia. Paper presented at the International Fellows Program (IFP) alumni conference held in Milan, Italy, from October 13-15, 2016
- Flying in Formation. management.co.nz. pp. 28 – 31. March 2011.
BEVAN, Joanna. England (London)
- Peas Before Profit – It’s All a Question of Community Ownership. Urban Ecology Network. 2014
- Community Resilience. Prezi.com 2014 [Presentation]
- In the Carbon Footprints of Plastic Junkies. Urban Ecology Network. (Website Under-construction)
- The Role of Community Foundations in Increasing Community Resilience. The UKCF, Blog. 2014.
BIKMEN, Filiz. Turkey (Istanbul)
- Philanthropy Networks: Creating Value, Voice and Collective Impact. WINGS. January 24, 2020. Ukrainian edition. Russian edition.
- Filiz Bikmen with Lea Buck and Michael Alberg-Seberich. More than the Sum of its Parts: Insights on the Future of European Philanthropy and Social Investment Infrastructure. Beyond Philanthropy invest impact GmbH. Mar 1, 2019.
- Lessons and insights from new European research on philanthropy infrastructure. Interview with Michael Alberg-Seberich and Filiz Bikmen. March 27, 2019.
- New Generations, New Paradigms: Turkish German Civil Society and the Pursuit of Equal Opportunities.2014 [pdf]
- Markets Are Emerging: What About Philanthropy? New Horizons. Alliance Magazine. 2013
- Creative Arts to the Fore at 4th BMW Foundation Young Leaders Forum. Alliance Magazine. 2013
- Funding For Gender, Women and Girls: An AGA Retrospective and Launch of New Report by Mama Cash and Grantcraft. Alliance Magazine. 2013. [pdf]
- Value, Not Endowments, Enable Philanthropy Across Generations. Alliance Magazine 2012. [pdf]
- Markets Are Emerging: Why Not Philanthropy? Alliance Magazine. 2012. [pdf]
- An AGA in A Day: The EFC and DAFNE Autumn Assembly. Alliance Magazine 2011. [pdf]
- An Issue Whose Time Has Come: ICNL Holds Second Global Forum. Alliance Magazine 2011. [pdf]
- Crossing the Digital Divide or Stuck at the Border? Alliance Magazine. 2011. [pdf]
- Donors Come Together: for New “Girls Not Brides’ Campaign – will European Foundations Join? Alliance Magazine. 2011. [pdf]
- Navigating the Collaboration Maze. Alliance Magazine. 2011. [pdf]
- Turkey’s Change Makers – Sharing Stories and Creating Impact Through Social Media. Effect. Vol 4 (2). 2010 [pdf]
- A Move in the Right Direction, But Not the Destination: Turkey’s New Foundations Law. The International Journal of Not-For-Profit Law. Vol 10, 3. 2008.
- From Hardware to Software, Charity to Strategy: A Roadmap for Progressive Philanthropy in Turkey. Turkish Policy Quarterly. Vol. 7(1). Spring 2008.
- Progress on Civil Society Legislation in Turkey. The International Journal of Not-For-Profit Law. Vol 7(2). 2005
BOLOGNESI, Deborah. Italy (Bologna)
- Costruire le Istituzioni. II ruolo di Angela Zucconi fra Impegno sociale e imprenditorialit a scienifica. Edizioni Associate. 2009.
CARAZZONE, Carola. Italy (Torino)
- “The social life of forests: Takeaways from the co-creation of the PEX community.” Alliance magazine blog. February 5, 2021.
- “Building a SDG community of practice among community foundations.” European Community Foundations Initiative newsletter. September 2020.
- “European Philanthropy During and After COVID-19”. Charities Aid Foundation, cafonline.org. 31 July 2020. [Podcast episode/interview].
- “Questions are the answer” This is our time to shape the world we want. Everyone can be a changemaker. Blog entry on “Philanthropy in Focus”. WINGS. July 2020.
- ‘Everybody can be a changemaker’: Interview with Carola Carazzone, CEO of Assifero.
CASADEI, Bernardino. Italy (Milan)
- Interview. “Intervista a Bernardino Casadei. Fondazioni di comunità. Strumenti e strategie per un nuovo welfare”. Fondazione Lang Italiana. 2015.
- “Community Foundations: The Value of Gifts and Functions of Philanthropy.” 2012
- “Promoting the Culture of Giving. The Experience of Italy.” Local Mission Global Vision: Community Foundations in the 21st Century. Edited by Hero, Peter deCourcy, and Peter Walkenhorst, eds. Nonprofit Guide. Foundation Center. 2008 [pdf]
- “Community Philanthropy the Italian Way.” Alliance Magazine. 2006
- “Italy – Promoting a Culture Giving.” Alliance Magazine. 2002
- “Community Foundations in Civil Society/Burger stiftung in Der Zivilgesellschaft. Edited by Peter Walkenhorst.” Alliance Magazine. 2002
CELAL ZINCIR, Rana. Cyprus (Lefkosa) / Turkey
- Interventions in the political geographies of walls. Political Geography. 2013
- “Charity in Islamic Societies by Amy Singer.” Alliance Magazine. 2009.
- Report: Philanthropy in Turkey: Citizens, Foundations and the Pursuit of Justice. 2006
- Isimsiz Tarih ve Belirsiz Gelecek.
- Women’s Peace in Cyprus: Recommendations of the Gender Advisory Team (GAT) on Implementing UNSC 1325 Provision on Women, Peace and Security.
- Thinking Historically About Missing Persons: A Guide for Teachers.
- Individual Giving for Social Causes in Turkey: Following in Adim Adim’s Footsteps.
CHARTERS, Sharon Dale. Canada (Hamilton, Ontario)
- “Philanthropy Fellowship Allows for Reflection, Study.” Vital Signs Canada. [pdf]
COTA-DE YANEZ, Alma. Mexico (Nogales)
- Conference: FESAC, Nogales, Sonora, Mexico/ Santa Cruz Community Foundation, Nogales, AZ, USA. 2011
DADRAWALA, Noshir H. India (Mumbai)
- Ensuring Governance 2015 [Talk]
- “Parsi Charity and Philanthropy.” 2011
- Merchants of Philanthropy: Profiles in Good Citizenship.1st Ed. Paperback Original Edition. Center for Advancement of Philanthropy, Mumbai. 2003.
- “India Community Philanthropy.” Alliance Magazine. 2002
- Management of Philanthropic Organisations. Centre for Advancement Of Philanthropy. 1996.
- Philanthropic Freedom Pilot Study: India Country Report [Report] [external source pdf]
DE PAIVA GUIMARAES, Renato. Brazil (Rio de Janiero)
- Sharing the experience of speaking in the TEDxSaoPaulo by Renato Guimares, 2016 [saved pdf]; original post on LinkedIn
- Philanthropy as Social Investment: Trends and Perspectives, Spring 1997.
DOVEN, Roland. England (London)
- News Cover: Charity Doesn’t Always Begin at Home. 2009
EL-DALY, Marwa. Egypt (Cairo)
- Egypt-Helping to regain the Egypt They Dream of. Alliance Magazine. 2013. [pdf]
- How to Spread it: Marwa El Daly in City Press. 2013 [pdf]
- Interview: PODCAST interview with Marwa El-Daly on Philanthropy in Egypt. 2012
- Nothing really make it easy except becoming more complicated. Global Fund for Community Foundations (GFCF) on Waqfeyat al Maadi Community Foundation in Egypt. 2011 [pdf]
ELLIOTT, Catherine Elisabeth. England (Whalley Range, Manchester)
- The Beauty of Collaborations (and cost effectiveness!) Examples of UK Practice under a Canadian Model. 2015 [Presentation Slides] [pdf]
- The Future of Community Foundations: The Mismatch. 2015 [pdf]
- The Business of Philanthropy Advising: How Far Should We Go? 2015 [Executive Summary] [pdf]
- Lancashire’s Vital Signs & Merseyside’s Vital Signs. 2013 [Presentation Slides] [pdf]
- Collaborations: UK Case Study Handout. 2012 [Presentation Slides] [pdf]
- Collaboration Debate – One donor, two community foundations. 2012 [pdf]
- Collaboration Debate: A New Canadian Community Foundation. 2012 [pdf]
- Community Foundation Collaborators: Passing Fad or Promising Practice? In Community Foundation Network. 2011 [Presentation Slides]. [pdf]
- Using social intelligence to influence giving. [Conference Presentation Slides] [pdf]
EMERHI, Ese. Nigeria (Port Hartcourt, Rivers)
- What’s the Matter with Small Grants? January 27, 2021.
- Philanthropy and Leadership in the Time of Crisis. December 15, 2020.
- Bad Philanthropy: The Rinsing of Toxic Money. May 31, 2020.
FAROUKY, Naila. Egypt (Cairo)
- The state of Arab philanthropy and the case for change. 2016 (originally published at https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/cdip20.
- Trends in philanthropy in the Arab region: Beyond a charity-based model. 2015
FAUZIA, Amelia. Indonesia (Jakarta)
- ResearchGate Profile
- Interview with Amelia Fauzia, Social Trust Fund, Indonesia. November 2013 [pdf]
- Faith and The State: A History of Islamic Philanthropy in Indonesia. 2008. [PhD Thesis, University of Melbourne] [pdf]
FULLER, Emily C. Australia (Sydney)
- Investing in People and Relationships Vital for Successful Place-Based Philanthropy. Australian Institute of Grants Management. 2016
- Community Foundations as Community Voice: Influencing a More Locally Responsive and Effective Allocation of Resources. 2014. [Presentation Slides] [external source pdf]
GALLEGO, Rosa Spain (Madrid)
- Interview. October 19, 2021.
GIAO, Vu Thi Quynh. Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)
GIOVANI DA SILVA, Anderson. Brazil (Florianpolis)
- “ICom – Uma Fundacao comunitaria brasileira no fortalecimento da sociedade civil e na Promocao da participacao cidada.” Pp: 110-124 Chapter in “Investimento Socail Independente.” São Paulo 2014
- Fundações Comunitárias no Brasil – perspectivas de liderança em processos de desenvolvimento sócio-territorial – para ICom. 2008. [pdf]
- I Fundação Comunitária como Doador. Mott Foundation. 2008. [pdf]
- II Fundação Comunitária como Instrumento para Investimento Social. 2008. [pdf]
- III Fundação Comunitária como Liderança. 2008. [pdf]
- Consultation Process Report Brazil. 2008. [pdf]
GIUDICI, Daniele P. Italy (Milan)
- The European Community Foundation Initiative – SDGs and Vital Signs, a powerful combination to shape a leadership role. 2019.
- The European Community Foundation Initiative – Italian Community Foundations Guide: From vitality to impact: a community engagement strategy. 2018. [pdf]
- The European Community Foundation Initiative – Community-Led needs analyses and Vital Signs: Actual experiences made in gathering & report on community intelligence. 2018. [pdf]
- Da Sesto San Giovanni a Ottawa: la Fondazione Nord Milano a confronto con le esperienze canadesi. 2017.
- Vital signs, tessuti e conoscenze della comunità per valutare l’impatto sociale. 2017.
- Assifero – Guida sulle Fondazioni Comunitarie in Italia. 2017. [pdf]
- A new sustainability strategy: Vital Signs. 2017.
- Community Foundations – between local development and international perspectives. 2017.
- The North Milan Greater Area Community Foundation: the first Foundation introducing and using Vital Signs in Italy
- Supporting statement for the Global Summit on Community Philanthropy with the CPCS Fellows. 2016.
- The North Milan Greater Area Community Foundation: a new Board close to the SDGs
- Territorio/ Fondazione Comunitaria del varesotto: si e insediato il nuovo Cda. 2012.
GONCALVES DA SILVA, Betania. Brazil (Recife)
- Theater for Youth, and for the Community. The Socialst Vol 34 (1).
GOULANDRIS, Vassilis. Greece (Athens)
- “Greece: OpenGov@ times of Crisis.” Presentation at the PEP-NET Summit, Hamburg. 2010.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility- Social Entrepreneurship-Corporate Philanthropy: Nobel Connections & Models,” 1st CSR Forum, The Money Show’ 07 Conference. 2007.
- “Greek Civil Society: The Long Road to Maturity,” The Concluding CSI-SAT (Civil Society Index-shortened assessment) report, the Greek part of the International research project coordinated by CIVICUS. 2006. [external source pdf]
- “The Role of e-Democracy Principles and Practices for Community Foundations: A Novel Approach for Leadership and Innovation.” 9th Annual Network Meeting, the Community Philanthropy Initative (CPI) of the European Foundation Centre (EFC) under the Theme. Engaging the Citizen. 2006.
- “New Technologies and the Challenge For the Civil Society and Democracy.” Organizer and Chairman Workshop on “News Technologies and NGOs,” At the “Constitutional Reform and Civil Society” Conference, ISTAME think tank et al. 2006.
GULEVSKA-CHERNYSH, Anna. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- News Cover: Volunteering and Philanthropy in Ukraine. 2015
- News Cover: International Conference on Philanthropy and Volunteerism Explores Ways to Resolve a Conflict in Eastern Ukraine. 2015.
HAKOBYAN, Lusine. Armenia (Yerevan)
- (with Tadevosyan, Mane). Culture of Volunteerism in Armenia Booklet. CIVICUS Civil Society Index. 2010.
HARE, Carly. USA (Boulder, Colorado)
- Joint Affinity Groups Stand in Unity to Address Racism in Philanthropy. 2014
- “Nurturing Communities.” A conversation with Carly Hare. In Darren Walker, From Generosity To Justice. A New Gospel Of Wealth. Ford Foundation, 2019, pp. 95-106.
HARUNA, Habib. Ghana (Tamale, Northern Region)
HELLMANN, Bernadette. Germany (Berlin)
- The refugee challenge: Why community foundations are in a unique position to support refugees and their communities. CPCS Working Paper. 2017.
- 100 Jahre Cleveland Foundation: Wie Burgerstifungen im Wandel der Zeit ihrer Idee treu bleiben. 2014.
- Viele vermogen mehr. Reichtum, Philanthropie und Zivilgesellscha ft. Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 269-288. 2014.
- with Stefan, Nahrlich. Donor Advised Funds: Wachstumsmotor bei Burgerstiftungen und Konkurrenz unter, falscher Flagge.
- with Stefan, Nahrlich. Burgerstiftung: richtige Organisation zur richtigen Zeit. In: Verbands Management, Heft, 8-14. 2013
- with Stefan, Nahrlich and Grabsch, Andreas. Erfolgsbilanz nach 15 Jahren Burgerstiftungen fuhrt auch zu Imitationen. 84-88. 2013.
- with Stefan, Nahrlich. Stiftungsfonds: Merkmale, Formen und Entwicklung. In: Aktive Burgerschaft (Hrsg): Vermogensver waltung und Rechungsleg ung fur Burgerstiftunge n Berlin. 18-21. 2008
- Burgerstiftung en: die besseren Akteure zur Forderung von Burgerengage ment vor Ort? 213-230. 2005
HERNANDEZ ABREU, Fabiana. Uruguay (Montevideo)
- Report Desarrollo y filantropia en Uruguay. CLAEH 2012 [pdf]
- First Steps Towards Community Foundations in Uruguay. 2008. [pdf]
- #HumbleThePower to #ShiftThePower. 2007
HOPSTEIN, Graciela. Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
- Civil Society and Philanthropic Ecosystems in Latin America: Obstacles and Opportunities in “Philanthropy in Focus”, newsletter of WINGS network. 2019.
- Filantropia de justiça social, sociedade civil e movimentos sociais no Brasil. Graciela Hopstein (organizadora). 2018. [pdf]
- The Philanthropy Network for Social Justice: a strategic actor in support of civil society in Brazil; This piece originally appeared on the Philanthropy for Social Justice and Peace blog. July 10, 2018.
- Philanthropy in Brazil: Obstacles, challenges and opportunities, July 9, 2018.
- Power, democracy and decolonizing philanthropy in the Global South: reflections from the Africa Philanthropy Network conference. 2018.
- The Community University Experience: Shift the Power or Share the Power? The Foundation Review, 9(3). 2017. https://doi.org/10.9707/1944-5660.1373
- The Community University Experience: Shift the Power or Share the Power? 2017
- Philanthropy in Brazil: Obstacles, challenges and opportunities, blog, Alliance magazine. 2016.
- “Graciela Hopstein: Um Olhar Social Na Efemeride-Opiniao- O Dia.” 2015. [pdf]
- Investimento Social Independence. Ford Foundation. 2014. [Report] [pdf]
- “Institutio Rio desafios e oportunidades para a atuacao de uma Fundacao Comunitaria na Zona Oeste do Rio de Janiero.” PP: 94-109 Chapter in “Investimento Social Independente.” Sao Paulo 2014.
- With Lessa, C. Transformando a filantropia no Brasil: o fenômeno da Rede de Fundos Independentes para a Justiça Social. Arquitetura institucional de apoio às organizações da sociedade civil no Brasil. São Paulo: FGV. 2013. [pdf]
- Fábricas e empresas recuperadas na Argentina: a outra cara da desobediência civil. Rev. Eletrônica Portas, v.1, n.1, p.67-78, December 2007. [pdf]
- A rebelião argentina: assembleias de bairro, piqueteros e empresas recuperadas. Editora E-papers. 2007.
- A Rebeilao Argentina: Assembleias de Bairro, Piqueteros E Empresas Recuperadas. 1st ed. Argentina. 2001.
HOROWITZ-ROZEN, Shani. Cresskill, New Jersey (USA) and Kfar Saba (Israel)
- Media and Philanthropy. January 2020. SAGE Encyclopedia of Mass Media and Society. [Entry/article]
- Framing Philanthropy in Time of War. 2018
HWANG, Chang-Soon. South Korea (Seoul)
- News Cover. Inside ISTR. 2013. [external source pdf]
- “Defining the Nonprofit Sector in Korea.” 2000
- “Korea.” Philanthropy and Law in Asia. San Francisco: Jossey Bass. Pp 199-239. 1999
JAŠAREVIC Jasna. Bosnia and Herzegovina (Tuzla)
- News Cover: What Can Community Philanthropy Offer a Europe of Refugees? 2015
- Realistic Strategies for Complex Circumstances: A Response to ‘Strategic Philanthropy for a Complex World.’ 2014
- News Cover: Interview with Jasna Jasarevic. 2014 NY Times
JOHNSON, Nancy. Canada (Puslinch, Ontario)
KAMINARSKAYA, Natalya. Russia (Moscow)
- News Cover: Philanthropy in Russia, or light at the end of the Tunnel. 2014
KAO, Yung Hsing. Taiwan (Taipei)
- (with Twu, Ruey-Der & Pelchat, Marie-Claude) “Examining Multi-Sector Partnerships for Taiwan’s Post 921 Earthquake Recovery: The Case of New Campus Movement.” Paper presented at the North American Taiwan Studies Association Conference, New Brunswick, NJ. 2003.
KELLY, Gráinne. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- The Context of Storytelling and Archiving in and about the conflict in Northern Ireland – Conference Presentation at ‘Accounts of the Conflict: Digitally Archiving Stories for Peacebuilding’, held at the Holiday Inn, Belfast, on 17 & 18 November 2014. 2014 [YouTube Video]
KERUTI, Kostandina. Albania (Tirana)
- “New initiative to support the development of community foundations in Albania.” European Community Foundations Initiative newsletter. December 2020.
- “The development of community philanthropy organizations in Albania.” European Community Foundations Initiative newsletter, December 2020.
KHALLAF, Mahi. Egypt (Cairo)
- Community Foundation as a Vehicle For Institution Philanthropy in Egypt’s New Cities: A Case Study of 19th of Ramadan City. 2011. [pdf]
KUHLASE, Fikile. South Africa (Moreleta Park)
- “Industrial Development Corporation: Foundation Fund.” 2004
KUMAR NAYAK, Pradeepta. India (New Dehli)
- “The Index of Global Philanthropy and Remittances with a Special Report on Emerging Economies.” Hudson Institute. 2013
- E-Newsletter: Paradigm of Peace for Philanthropic and Community Development, 2013. [pdf]
- “Sampradaan Indian Centre for Philanthropy- Emerging Economies Presentation.” Philanthropy in Focus. 2013.
- “Challenge Grant Strengthens Local Philanthropy and Community Enterprise: SICP Succeeds in Innovation.” Sampradaan Indian Centre for Philanthropy E-Newsletter. No 71. 2012.
- “Challenge Grant Strengthens Community Philanthropy in India-Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support, Inc.” Philanthropy in Focus. 2012.
- Community Organising, Philanthropy and Foundations. [Blog]
KUPRYASHKINA, Svetlana. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- “Women and Voluntary activities in Ukraine: A Historic Outlook and a View of Soviet State Paternalism“
- “Ukraine: End of the ‘NGO Dream’” Give and Take 3. 2000.
- “The Limits of Research: Women’s Studies in Ukraine’, in Joan W. Scott, Cora Kaplan and Derba Keates (eds). Transitions, Environments, Translations: Feminisms in International Politics. New York and London, Routledge. Pp:383-389
KUTS, Svitlana A. Ukraine (Kyiv)
- News Cover: “Ukrainian Charity Law Comes into Force.” European Fundraising Association. 2013.
- News Cover: “Impact of the Week: Ukraine National Strategy for Civil Society Development.” CIVICUS Civil Society Index. 2009.
- “From Intelligent Funder to Intelligent Recipient.” Global Policy Forum. 2008.
- News Cover: “Where Are the Limits of Donor Accountability?” Alliance Magazine. 2006.
- “Civil Society in Ukraine: Driving Engine or Spare Wheel for Change?” Center for Philanthropy. 2006. [external source pdf]
- Introductory Speech: Die Rolle der sozialen Dienste fur eine Nachhaltige Sozialenwicklung: Dokumentation, Europaische Konferenz im Auswartigen Amt, Berlin, 2001. Council of Europe.
- “The Role of the Private Sector in the Public Sector of the Ukraine.” Public Management: An International Journal of Research and Theory 2 (3). 2000.
- “Deepening the Roots of Civil Society in Ukraine.” Centre for Philanthropy, Kiev, Ukraine Kirovograd Centre for Creative Initiatives Support Vasyl Polyiko, Maxym Filiak (Impact).
LAYMAN, Fumiyo H. Japan (Tokyo)
- (with Masayuki, Deguchi). The Role of Arm’s Length’s Distance Between Arts and Culture’s Non- Profit Organizations and Government in Japan. 2003
LETHLEAN, Esther. Australia (Melbourne)
- Diaspora: The New Philanthropy? Queensland University of Technology – Centre of Philanthropy and Non-Profit Studies. 2003
- Leat, Diana, and Philanthropy Australia, Inc 2000 and Trusts Foundations In Australia, Melbourne
LIBORAKINA, Marina. Russia (Moscow)
- Feature in Book: Noonan C., and Nechemias, Carol. Encyclopedia of Russian Women’s Movements. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2011.
- Women’s Voluntarism and Philanthropy in Pre-Revolutionary Russia:Building a Civil Society. Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations 7(4) 397-311 1996.
LITCHFIELD, Jennifer. Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Report: Working Together. 2010 [pdf]
LODOLA-RAHAMAN, Valentina. USA (Brooklyn, New York)
- “Corporate Social Responsibility Human Trafficking and Business Dilemmas.” Philanthropy, NYU. 2014.
- “Engaging Investors in Social Responsibility-International Philanthropy.” Philanthropy NYU. 2012.
LOVLIN, LuAnn. Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Blog: 2012
MAGOWAN, James. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- Be Prepared, Be Brave, Begin. June 2021. Knowledge Center, European Community Foundation Initiative. [Article/reflections].
MAIER NUNES, Mariane. Brazil (Florianópolis, Santa Catarina)
- Covid-19 is a social justice issue: How one Brazilian community foundation is responding. 2020. Global Fund for Community Foundations.
- Estratégias para o fortalecimento da filantropia comunitária: o caso do Icom na grande Florianópolis. In: Filantropia de justiça social, sociedade civil e movimentos sociais no Brasil. Graciela Hopstein (organizadora). 2018. [pdf]
- When scarcity drives innovation, people becomes a community foundation’s biggest asset: a view from Brazil, 2017 [post at the Global Fund for Community Foundations web-site; saved pdf: When scarcity drives innovation, people becomes a CF’s biggest asset]
MARINO, Eduardo. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- (with Kisil, Rosana). Local Productive Arrangements: The Silves Case ISTR Eighth International Conference- “The Third Sector and Sustainable Social Change: New Frontiers for Research.” Barcelona, 2008.
MASSOT, Carles. Spain (Barcelona)
- Open Society Foundations (OSF), “Community foundations. Is there a place for them in the new OSF strategy?”, Barcelona, Spain, June 17, 2021 [Presentation to the Europe and Eurasia Program staff|.
McCANN, Jude. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
MENA, Marco. Mexico (Mexico City)
- The Nonprofit Sector in Mexico: From Informal to Formal Recognition. In Local Economic and Employment Development. The Non- Profit Sector in a Changing Economy. OECD Publishing. 2003.
MEYDANOGLU, Zeynep. Turkey (Istanbul)
MKHIZE, Christom. South Africa (Richards Bay)
- African Renaissance: Reflections on the Annual and International Conference in Durban, South Africa, from 25-28 May 2008 [pdf]
- The Role African Philanthropy and Culture Play in Developing African Communities. 2008 [pdf]
- Private/ Public Sector Partnerships: The Case of Uthungulu Community Foundation. [pdf]
- Uthungulu Community Foundation (UCF) Monthly News Letter – June 2008. [pdf]
MONTEIRO, Helena. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- New Directions for WINGS. Effect (Foundation in Europe Together) Vol 5 (1) 2011. [pdf]
MOYO, Bhekinkosi. South Africa (Johannesburg)
- “COVID-19 and the Future of Global Civil Society and Philanthropy in Africa.” May 13, 2020. Keynote speech, virtual global meeting, Center for Civil Society Research, Ersta Sköndal Bräcke Högskola (Stockholm, Sweden).
- Editor of International Review of Philanthropy and Social Investment, a scholarly journal founded under the auspices of the Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI) at the Wits Business School, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- “African Philanthropy, Pan-Africanism, and Africa’s Development in Development in Practice.” 2014.
- (with Tade Akin, Aina). (In folder) “Giving to Help, helping to Give: The Context and Politics of African Philanthropy.” Dakar, Senegal: Amalion Publishing 2013.
- (Discussion with Machel, Garca). “Enabling the Public Sphere: Civil Society Regulation in Africa.” Midrand, South Africa [Dakar-Fann, Senegal]: Southern Africa Trust & TrustAfrica, 2010.
- “Community Philanthropy and Development in Africa.” In GIVING. Vol 1(9) 159-170.
- “Parliamentary Democracy and the Crisis of Governance in Africa’ African Renaissance.” Vol 3 (6): 25-31. 2006
- “International Foundations, Agenda Setting and the Non-Profit Sector in South Africa”. African Journal of International Affairs. Vol 4(1&2) 93-118. 2001
- Governing the Public Sphere: Civil Society Space in Africa, A Background Paper.
- (Blog) http://www.bhekinkosimoyo.com/
NANDUDU, Elizabeth Rose. Uganda (Mbale)
- Filanthropia Africana: soluzioni per l’innovazione sociale. Africa e Mediterraneo: Cultura e Società. 78(1) 2013. [pdf]
NATHANI, Sharon. Australia (Melbourne)
- “Philanthropy and the Arts Review.” Ozphilanthropy. (2013-2016) [Blog Post]
- What is a Community Foundation? Generosity Magazine, 2013
- Personal Blog on Philanthropy.
NDZINWA, Julius Bantar. Cameroon (Bemenda)
- How Can You Contribute to the Creation of the First Community Foundation in Cameroon? LinkedIn Pulse. 2014.
NEDELCHEVA PISANKANEVA-ZLATEVA, Monika. Bulgaria (Sofia)
- For Bulgarian Community Foundations, the Real Work Still Lies Ahead. Alliance Magazine. 2011
NETSWERA, Fulufhelo Godfrey. South Africa (Pretoria)
- A Case Study of Community Participation in Governance and Service Delivery in the City of Johannesburg.” Consolidating Developmental Local Government: Lessons from the South Africa Experience. 2008.
- Community Foundations in South Africa: Establishment and Sustenance Challenges. 2004 [external source pdf]
NIEMAN, Nicole Rose. South Africa (Cape Town)
- “No More Heroes? Philanthropy in a Post Madiba World”. Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy. 2014
NYAR, Annsilla. South Africa (Durban)
- Which Way to 2030? Higher Education Leaders Reflect- University World News. 2014
- Organized Philanthropy: Toward an Understanding of Community Foundations in South Africa. 2004. [Conference Paper]
- Summary of The Inaugural Harold Wolpe Lecture: A Report by Ansilla Nyar. Report for CSS Online July. 2002.
- (Summary) Facing NEPAD Head-on: Who’s Fooling Who? A Report on the Second Wolpe Lecture. Special Report for CSS Online. 2002.
OLIVER, Quintin. Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- Coyle, Matthew. “Imagine!/ The Festival According to Quintin Oliver.” Imagine! 2015. [News Cover]
- “Light at the End of Tunnel: European Perspective.” In Sweet Charity: The Role of Workings of Voluntary Organizations.” Routledge, 2002.
OPATI, Emmanuel. Kenya (Nairobi)
ORVANANOS DE ROVZAR, Marcela. Mexico (Mexico City)
- News Cover: Quality of Life. 2010. [pdf]
- Marcela Orvananos de Rovzar to Be Honored by The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University. Nov 13. 2008 [Award Report] [pdf]
- New Social Investment Fund for Mexico City. Alliance Magazine. 2005 [pdf]
PERERA, Sujeevan. Sri Lanka (Colombo)
- News Cover: “Politics – Sri Lanka: Peace Train Carries Peace Hope Doubts”. 2002.
PHOCAS, Elizabeth. Greece (Athens)
- The power of open dialogue: how to keep Europe talking. 2017
- The Art of Giving. Odyssey Magazine, January/February 2008.
PISANKANEVA, Monika. Bulgaria (Sofia)
- Giving Circles: Unlocking Generosity by Bringing Donors Face-to-Face with Beneficiaries. European Community Foundation Initiative (ECFI), 2017.
PLEMPER, Esther. Netherlands (Utrecht)
- European Voluntary Action for an Inclusive Society. Part of the Report of European Voluntary Action for an Inclusive Society (EVAIS) 2002
- Women’s Strategies in Dutch Philanthropy. Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations: 7(4) 1996. [pdf]
- (with Daal, Van. And Willems, L.) Vrijwilligersorg anisaties in de thuiszorg: een Verkenning van strategische problemen. Den Haag: Nimawo.
PORUMB, Alina. Romania (Cluj Napoca)
- Knowledge Capsule [micro.com] on the Value of Community Foundations in New and Changing Contexts. INSPIRE, launched March 2021 [self-paced on-line space with learning modules].
- “A Través de Vehículos de la Comunidad para la Comunidad”. July 15-16, 2020. Session on “Sustainable development through community vehicles for the community,” Innpactamos LatAm, a 2-day virtual meeting. Panelist.
- “Building capacity for systemic transformation in Central and Eastern Europe.” WINGS. October 1, 2019.
- Alina Porumb – Olga Alexeeva Prize Winner. 2015. [Award]
- Community Philanthropy and a New Model of Development. 2015.
- Meet Alina Porumb from Romania – another of this year’s Olga Prize finalists. 2015. [Post Featuring Alina’s Achievement]
- Initiative for Strategic Philanthropy and Intelligent Resources in Central and Eastern Europe. 2015. [Presentation] [external source pdf]
- WINGS Report on Romania. 2010.
REAVES, Allyson. USA (Beaufort, South Carolina)
- Social Media – What’s In It For My Foundation? 2010. [pdf]
- Philanthroships – Don’t Miss the Career Boat. 2008. [pdf]
- Pioneering A New Strategies of Giving. 2008.
ROITSTEIN, Florencia. Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- with Thompson, Andres. Mujeres Que No Se Quedan En Casa [Women Who Don’t Stay At Home]” (November 2020). Conceptualized and produced by Ms. Roistein and Mr.Thompson to showcase the community-based efforts of women in Latin America in the face of COVID-19. The video highlights how dependent communities are on the activities of these women, and sheds light on the gender and class disparities of social distancing.
- with Thompson, Andres. La rebelión de lo cotidiano. Mujeres generosas que cambian América Latina. 2019.
- Latin America: sharing philanthropy, not hoarding wealth. 2017.
- with Thompson, Andres. “Filantropia y genero en la Argentia: Innovaciones y tendencias.” Conference presentation. 2015 [pdf]
- with Berger, Gabriel. “El rol de Dow Argentina en la promocion de Acuerdos multisectoriales para el desarrollo sustentable: El caso de GIRSU en Bahia Blanca. 2011.
- ”Analysis of Corporate Social Responsibility Training Initiatives in Multinational Enterprises: The Challenge of Localizing CSR. New York: UN Millennium Forum. 2005.
- ”La responsabilida de Social Empresarial en Argentina: tendencias y Oportunidades. Academia Revista Latinoamerican a de Administracion 32. 2004
SAMORODOV, Vadim. Russia (Moscow)
- “Reflections on the Study Visit to Community Foundations in Poland.” In Pole Position. 2012. [pdf]
- “Reflections on the study tour to Community Foundations in Czech Republic.” 2011. [pdf]
SARENAC, Ranka. Serbia and Montenegro (Risan)
SCHELLINO, Sonia. Italy (Turin)
- Blog. 2001.
SHEN, Sheng-Shu Jack. Taiwan (Taipei)
- 沈聖書. 非營利組織的資訊與網路. 臺北市: 喜瑪拉雅研究發展基金會. 2001. [Book]
- “The E-Way to Philanthropy: How Nonprofits Can Use Information Technology. New York, NY: Center for the Study of Philanthropy, Graduate School and University Center, City University of New York. 2001.
SHERIPKANOVA, Ainuska. Kyrgyzstan (Bishkek)
- Blog (2014)
SIMOVIC, Natalija. Serbia (Belgrade)
- Youtube Video (2015): (LinkedIn account required)
- Youtube Video (2014): (LinkedIn account required)
- Youtube Video (2013): (LinkedIn account required)
SINGH, Maina Chawla. India (New Delhi)
- Gender, Thrift and Indigenous Adaptations: Money and Missionary Medicine In Colonial India. Women’s History Review. 15(5) 2006.
- Gender, Mission, and Higher Education in Cross- Cultural Context: Isabella Thoburn in India by Singh Maina Chawla- International Bulletin of Missionary Research Vol 25(4) 2001.
- Philanthropy, Voluntarism, and Women’s Education in Colonial India: A Study of the Bethune School, Calcutta. Asian Journal of Women’s Studies 6(3) 2000.
SIVAEVA, Tatiana. Russia (Moscow)
- “Women NGOs and The War In Chechnya.” [pdf]
STARCHIKOVA, Inna. Ukraine (Odessa)
- When the Trouble Came to Our House: How One Ukrainian Community Philanthropy Organization is Responding– Latest News Global Fund For Community Foundations. 2014.
- Coming Inevitable Changes in Odessa. 2013
THAPA, Rita. Nepal (Kathmandu)
- “What Has Philanthropy Got to Do with Wealth?” Philanthropy for Social Justice And Peace. 2013
THOMPSON, Andrés. Argentina (Buenos Aires)
IFP 1989, 2005
- with Roitstein, Florencia. La rebelión de lo cotidiano. Mujeres generosas que cambian América Latina. 2019.
- “Advancing the Cause of Racial Equity in Brazil” Alliance vol. 16, no. 1 (March 2011).
- (with Hansford, Frances) “International Programming, Local Development and Youth: An Experience in Northeast Brazil”. Article prepared for Foundation Review (2010 Fall Issue on ‘International Grantmaking’).
- Partnering with Youth to Build The Future. (editor), Peiropolis, Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2006.
- “Community Foundations in Latin America. Can the Concept be adapted?” Alliance, March 2006.
- El Voluntariado Social En America Latina. Tendencias, influencias, espacios y lecciones aprendidas. 2000.
- The Third Sector in Latin America, Special Issue of Voluntas, Manchester University Press, 1997.
- (with Campetella, A. Maria). El Tercer Sector en la historia Argentina. Vol. 109. Cedes, 1995.
- Think Tanks en la Argentina: Conocimiento, instituciones y politica. Vol. 102. Buenos Aires: CEDES, 1994.
TIONGSON-VELASCO, Gisela. Philippines (Manila)
- Corporate Philanthropy in Asia: The Philippines Case. Graduate School And University Center, City University of New York. 1996.
TOROK, Marianna. Hungary (Budapest)
- (with Strecansky, Boris). “Assessment of the Impact of the Percentage Tax Designations: Past, Present and Future.” ERSTE Foundation and Centrum pre filantropiu, Vienna. September, 2016.
TORRES BLAIR, Mariana. Mexico (Mexico City)
- Recommendations for Mobilizing Resources Through Mexican Hometown Associations in New York to the Puebla Community Foundation in Mexico. (Research submitted to the Rockefeller Foundation and Hispanics in Philanthropy) 2004. [Research Paper] [pdf]
TREVISAN, Maria Carolina. Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- Violação de direitos em tempos de instabilidade. Como a crise deteriora políticas de direitos humanos e expõe defensores à violência. In: Filantropia de justiça social, sociedade civil e movimentos sociais no Brasil. Graciela Hopstein (organizadora). 2018. [pdf]
- Communications as a tool for Building Transparency, Trust and Sustainability in Community Foundations.
- Partnering with Youth to Build the Future. W.K. Kellogg Foundation. 2005 [Report] [pdf]
TSENG, Yun Ching. Taiwan (Taipei)
- News Cover. “Company Collects Bras to Help Charity.” 2013.
TUCKER, Tasha. USA (Charleston, South Carolina)
- (with Kerman, Ben) “Making the Match. How Do We Use Matching Contingencies Effectively?” GrantCraft. 2015.
VARUGHESE, George. Afghanistan (Kabul) / Nepal / India
- Nepal: The Quake and the Constitution. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2015.
- (with Michael, Bernardo., and Karki, Sumina.) The Stubborn Persistence of Gender Inequality in Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2015
- In Quake’s Wake, the Price of Political Disarray in Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2015.
- (with Khanal, Mukesh.) Academics Practitioners, and Donors: Whose Evidence Counts and For What? In Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2014
- (with Prasai, Sagar.) Civic Complacency in Political Accountability Holds Nepal Back. In Asia. Weekly Insight and Analysis in Asia. 2014.
- (with Manandhar, D. Mohan.) Policy Diagnostic Study Report. Nepal: Niti Foundation. 2012
VIRGIL, Myra. Bermuda (Hamilton)
- Social Equity: Is Philanthropy up for the Challenge? August 8, 2020.
- Mission to Create an Enduring Funding Resource for Island’s Charities. 2013 [pdf]
- We Ignore Plight of Charities at Our Peril. Bermuda Sun. 2012. [pdf]
VON PETER, Felicitas. Germany (Gutersloh)
- Future Report Active Philanthropy. 2014 [pdf]
- Zukunftsbericht Active Philanthropy. 2014 [pdf]
- Strategic Partnerships to serve the sophisticated philanthropist. Alliance, Vol 17 (1). 2012 [pdf]
- with Mark Bentley. Leadership and the Lifecycles: Reflections on Community Foundations in New Zealand and Australia. Paper presented at the International Fellows Program (IFP) alumni conference held in Milan, Italy, from October 13-15, 2016
YEUN, Yiu Kai Terence. Hong Kong, China
- “An Overview of Social Enterprise Development in China And Hong Kong.” [pdf]
- “Hong Kong Start-ups Embrace the Sharing Economy For a Better Future.” 2015. [Blog]
- “Governance Organizational Effectiveness and the Nonprofit Sector- Hong Kong in Transition.” [pdf]
ZAWIESKA, Andrzej. Poland (Nidzica)
- News Cover: “For a month he was learning about activities of Community Foundations in the US” Gazeta Nidzicia 12.13.07.[Newspaper Article, translated from Polish] [pdf]